The Sr. Instructional Designer will be responsible for designing and developing solutions for learning and development programs that enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of Carrington associates so they may excel in their performance and exceed business performance goals. Design and develop training curriculum using appropriate instructional development methods, tools and formats. Research, design, develop, and maintain training materials and supporting media. Create and conduct evaluations and pilot sessions to ensure effective learning of performance-based objectives. Act as liaison between business and the Training department in determining specifications of a course and appropriate method of delivery. Transform clients’ ideas and content and convert them into engaging and effective learning materials. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting in a strategic capacity, consult with Business Units and SMEs to understand and analyze learning needs.
- Initiates and leads communications and meetings with stakeholders and SMEs to plan, solicit feedback, and make recommendations to achieve business goals through training.
- Work independently using instructional design best practices to create various training and performance improvement resources including; outlines, scripts, storyboards, course materials, activities, jobs aids, workbooks, manuals, presentations, eLearning modules, videos, assessments, training plans, project management resources, etc. to support desired training outcomes.
- Develop materials and resources to support learning in multiple modalities including; instructor-led, self-paced, eLearning, web-based and blended learning approaches, with an ability to combine these methods into a cohesive learning strategy.
- Analyze, design, develop and evaluate training that allows for the effective and efficient use of systems, tools, and processes to provide associates with the skills required to perform their job tasks.
- Develops effective training plans for course/program development and curriculum/content design including project plans with specific deliverables and defined deadlines.
- Independently manage multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines in alignment with changing business needs. Deliver accurate, high-quality documentation and resources within a specified deadline and timeline with minimum guidance.
- Analyzes, measures and evaluates training program effectiveness and success. Identifies and prepares reports, surveys, and evaluation documentation for areas of success and improvement and presents results to management.
- Prepares facilitator support materials (i.e. power point slides, leader/facilitator guides, and evaluation tools) and training sessions for delivery of learning experiences.
- Stays current with emerging trends and practices for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of learning content and activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.