Responsible for providing excellent customer service by answering a large volume of incoming calls and third party inquiries regarding existing real estate mortgage loans primarily handling inbound calls and outbound calls to borrowers due for current month. Resolve customer issues as quickly as possible while providing accurate and timely information within company policies and all applicable regulations. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
The Senior Customer Service Specialist level is the senior level role in the job family and generally handles highly complex inbound calls and/or escalated calls from lower level Customer Service employees. At this level, the Specialist only occasionally needs to escalate calls to a Team Lead or Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer the more complex incoming calls, via an Automated Call Distribution system (ACD), from borrowers and third parties with inquiries about existing mortgage loans.
- Deliver accurate and timely information to callers in a courteous and professional manner, with first-call resolution in all but the most complex issues and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Refer more complex or complicated calls to qualified team member.
- Perform necessary steps to provide call resolution which may include setup and routing of process tasks, email or phone contact with supporting departments.
- Track, follow-up and complete customer call backs to ensure inquiry resolution.
- Collect payments whenever necessary and appropriate.
- Document call details, such as nature of call, customer comments, follow-up dates, etc., in mortgage servicing system.
- Research and resolve a wide variety of customer questions/issues.
- Resolves and/or addresses complex customer problems or questions.