What you'll do:
Responsible for the company’s portfolio of custom applications that support Vylla current and future businesses. Provide leadership for a diverse staff of full-time and contract professionals within the technology organization and serve as an integral part in shaping and influencing multiple development teams. Partner with key organizational leaders to provide the strategic approach, capabilities and principles needed to create and sustain a high performing software engineering function within the Vylla organization. Build and promote practices within the engineering organization that will drive accountability, scalability, stability and continual improvement to support the strategic direction of a multi-channel, web-based, off-line, high transaction volume and consumer facing service oriented company. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the definition, organization and planning, controls and execution of complex work efforts to deliver products to partners and customers within defined constraints for time, cost and quality/scope.
- Communication management that ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposition of key performance KPI’s. Identifies risks and risk plans; manages and mitigates risks.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new products and features while efficiently collaborating with and managing all stakeholders Accountability for all aspects of detailed application architecture, software design, development and deployment of Vylla applications.
- Identify, capture, analysis and improvement of key indicators of success, and leveraging these to improve the delivery of software.
- Ability to offer strategic guidance on application architecture, solutions, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance and business support processes.
- Responsible for aligning engineering teams across a diverse set practices, technologies and toolsets into a cohesive standard based organization
- Responsible for a forward-looking roadmap that increases business capabilities, improves IT operational stability and reduces time of delivery based on current and future trends
- Plan and execute development projects while ensuring that teams have necessary product knowledge, technical specifications, direction and resourcing to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline.
- Continuously improve existing software architecture and applications while maintaining service levels and high code quality.