Responsible for ensuring all loans are underwritten in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following company’s policies and procedures. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages group of underwriters.
- Assigns files to ensure workload balance.
- Manages productivity of each within standards set for department and loan type, set goals.
- Performs analysis of LOS production reports and provides updates to senior management on turn-times within department.
- Mentors and trains underwriters
- Provides upfront technical and guideline training, recommends areas of improvement, provides ongoing training, promotes within department.
- Monitors performance of underwriter’s quality of work, technical abilities, and risk analysis.
- Reviews files for quality, provides 2nd signatures for files outside of authorities.
- Conducts regular meetings to provide ongoing training and feedback.
- Assists in the development of underwriting guidelines and training materials. Stays abreast of changes within industry and how they affect company guidelines, underwriting workflow, policies and procedures.
- Works with senior management to establish department goals and objectives.
- Develops day-to-day processes that will improve performance of team and department, improves cost to originate, improve customer service.
- Responds to post funding audits, investor reviews and various quality control reports as they apply to department and staff. Establishes corrective action plans to eliminate and prevent reoccurring findings.
- Recruits and interviews for open underwriting positions within department.