Carrington Mortgage Services is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We are part of Carrington Holding Company, LLC , which owns and operates multiple businesses that cover virtually every aspect of single family residential real estate transactions.
Responsible for managing a team of Loan Officers, to ensure they are adhering to established sales quotas and company guidelines. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
· Ensure that loans are in compliance with Carrington guidelines, applicable stated and federal regulations and investor requirements.
· Partner with operations staff to ensure expedient process of file flow.
· Convey clear performance expectations and clarify associates’ roles and responsibilities.
· Coach and motivate associates to achieve performance goals.
· Communicate general industry information and company business goals.
· Cultivate an effective, collaborative, customer-responsive sales and processing team.
· Manage Loan Processors and Set-Up Specialists to ensure efficient file flow and pipeline management.
· Manage the loan process according to current legal and company guidelines and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
· Ensure that package submissions are in compliance with underwriting per Carrington guidelines, applicable state and federal regulations and investor requirements.
· Manage the implementation and maintenance of an effective sales process flow.
· Make loan approval recommendations based on a sound judgment of loan quality.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
· In-depth knowledge of FHA, FNMA, FHMC, VA, and USDA products
· Working knowledge of Carrington policies, procedures, guidelines and organization structure
· Working knowledge of Carrington’s underwriting guidelines and investor requirements
· Working knowledge of Carrington’s loan origination system
· Industry specific software knowledge preferred, i.e. Lead management systems (Leads 360), DU, LP, Appraisal Management Software
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Ability to follow CMS Mortgage Lending loan protocols
· Ability to learn quickly and retain information about Carrington, its sales process flow, its products and the specialty lending industry
· Ability to proactively address and resolve interpersonal conflict
· Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
· Ability to make decisions that have an impact on the immediate work unit
· Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis (longer than one month)
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to record, balances, and check results for accuracy
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
· Eight (8) or more years’ experience in real estate lending
· Two (2) or more years’ experience managing a sales team required
Must have a current Mortgage Loan Originator License through NMLS